The boilerplate for making electron applications built with vue (pretty much what it sounds like).
The aim of this project is to remove the need of manually setting up electron apps using vue. electron-vue takes advantage of
vue-cli for scaffolding,
electron-builder, some of the most used plugins like
vuex, and so much more.
Check out the documentation here.
Things you'll find in this boilerplate...
- Basic project structure with a single
- Detailed documentation
- Project scaffolding using vue-cli
- Ready to use Vue plugins (axios, vue-electron, vue-router, vuex)*
- Installed vue-devtools and devtron tools for development
- Ability to easily package your application using electron-packager or electron-builder*
.travis.ymlconfigurations for automated deployments with electron-builder*
- Ability to produce web output for browsers
- Handy NPM scripts
- Use of webpack and vue-loader with Hot Module Replacement
- Process restarting when working in electron's
- HTML/CSS/JS pre-processor support with vue-loader
- ES6 with
- Use of
babilito remove the need of transpiling completely down to ES5
- ESLint (with support for
- Unit Testing (with Karma + Mocha)*
- End-to-end Testing (with Spectron + Mocha)*
This boilerplate was built as a template for
vue-cli and includes options to customize your final scaffolded app. The use of
node@^7 or higher is required. electron-vue also officially recommends the
yarn package manager as it handles dependencies much better and can help reduce final build size with
# Install vue-cli and scaffold boilerplate npm install -g vue-cli vue init simulatedgreg/electron-vue my-project # Install dependencies and run your app cd my-project yarn # or npm install yarn run dev # or npm run dev
Are you a Windows User?
Make sure to check out A Note for Windows Users to make sure you have all the necessary build tools needed for electron and other dependencies.
Wanting to use Vue 1?
Just point to the
1.0 branch. Please note that electron-vue has officially deprecated the usage of
vue@^1, so project structure, features, and documentation will reflect those changes (legacy documentation).
vue init simulatedgreg/electron-vue#1.0 my-project
Made with electron-vue
Take a look at some of the amazing projects built with electron-vue. Want to have your own project listed? Feel free to submit a pull request.
- Surfbird: A Twitter client built on Electron and Vue
- Lulumi-browser: Lulumi-browser is a light weight browser coded with Vue.js 2 and Electron
- Space-Snake: A Desktop game built with Electron and Vue.js.
- Forrest: An npm scripts desktop client
- miikun: A Simple Markdown Editor
- Dakika: A minute taking application that makes writing minutes a breeze
- Dynamoc: Dynamoc is a GUI client for dynamodb-local, dynalite and AWS dynamodb
- Dockeron: A dockeron project, built on Electron + Vue.js for Docker
- Easysubs: Download subtitles in a very fast and simple way
- adminScheduler: An application leveraging electron for cross platform compatibility, Vue.js for lightning fast UI and full-calendar.io to deliver a premium calendar interface.
- Data-curator: Share usable open data.